You are both correct

Previously you were only able to INSTALL using the supplied pack names -
BUT most of us renamed the packs as soon as possible after the install

Bill Munson
Brown Brothers Harriman
Sr. z/VM Systems Programmer
201-418-7588

President MVMUA
http://www2.marist.edu/~mvmua/

"Quay, Jonathan (IHG)" <jonathan.q...@ihg.com>
01/30/2009 10:37 AM
Please respond to
The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: Re-labeling CP-Owned volumes on a live system

Hmmm...  I distinctly remember warnings not to do this in the installation
docs, because I wanted to have unique res pack volsers and that made me go
down another path.  This was ESA 2.2 or later.