The syntax I use is

        openvm mount /../NFS:server/shared /local/point

where "server" is either the server's hostname or its address and
"shared" is the exported filesystem (or a usable subdirectory of it)
and "/local/point" is a pre-existing (usu empty) directory in your BFS
space.  You will need to have a root BFS mounted first and the root
cannot be NFS.

I also always use (NONETRC and (NOLIST because #1 the NETRC files
complicate authentication (in my context) and #2 as a rule I do not
mix translated and non-translated files in NFS space.  (Either
translate or don't, but mixing is messy.)

I cannot say enough about the excellent work of those IBMers who made
the CMS NFS client work.  What a joy to be able to use GETBFS and
PUTBFS to move files to/from Linux.  How much more effective to use
XEDIT on those files than to have only the Unix editors.

-- Rick;   <><

Q: Isn't filtering stupidity elitist?
A: Yes. Yes, it is. That's sort of the whole point.   -- Ortiz and Starr