On Friday, 03/06/2009 at 12:47 EST, "Schuh, Richard" <rsc...@visa.com>
wrote:
> Ah, but I do have a point. The REJECT * LOGON does not  allow the same
type of
> override that is allowed by other rules. In this,  there is
inconsistency.
> Actually, I have two points. The second is that, if  LOGON is viewed as
> process that is being controlled by the rule,  then REJECT * LOGON
should
> control all forms of logging the user on.   After all, the same code is
used to
> create the virtual  machine.

I was given 50 lashes with a wet noodle here when I previously proposed
that if you have LOGON BY authority to a user you should be able to
- LOGON to the user
- XAUTOLOG the user
- Use FOR
- Use SEND (even if not the secuser)
- be the SECUSER or OBSERVER

Except that I would not allow SET SECUSER/OBSERVER, SEND or FOR if the
user was logged on or someone else is the secuser.  Unlike the privileged
versions of those commands, serial access to the user ID would be
enforced.