On Wednesday, 03/18/2009 at 07:15 EDT, Scott Rohling
<scott.rohl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> That does seem odd..   I would think it would be supplied named as EXEC
in that
> case..   I agree it implies a 'sample' when named SAMPEXEC ..   which is
only
> useful when the 'sample' is human readable so you can see what a good
sample
> looks like ;-)
>
> Inconsistent to say the least, but I'm not aware of the reasons (if any)
behind
> not releasing the source.  Maybe Chuckie knows..  ?

We use filetype SAMPxxxx to indicate that the item is not a
supported/documented part of the product, but is something we provide for
you to use.  Sometimes the point is the source, demonstrating how to do
something, and other times it is the functionality.  SCSIDISC falls into
the latter category.

It has been a loooong time since we shipped the source to everything in
the product, so I'm not sure what is "inconsistent."