From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On Behalf
Of Alan Altmark
Sent: dinsdag 24 maart 2009 20:30
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: FW: IPL 190 hangs in zVM 5.4

On Tuesday, 03/24/2009 at 01:18 EDT, Dieltiens Geert
<geert.dielti...@inf.vanbreda.be> wrote:

> This seems to be related to missing interrupts for the volume(540RES)
where the
:
> So it seems that 2 missing interrupts have to be processed before the
IPL 190
> continues. I still have no idea what could be causing this...

There will be a MI message on the OPERATOR's console and an EREP record
will have been cut.  When you made the device available to your other VM
system, was that system in another LPAR on the same CEC or a different
CEC?  (If a different CEC, then you have another hardware path.)

Check your switch and storage controller consoles to see if they're
unhappy for any reason.

DISCLAIMER

to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email
in error please notify postmas...@vanbreda.be
This footnote also confirms that this email has been checked
for the presence of viruses.

Informatica J.Van Breda & Co NV BTW BE 0427 908 174