One more advice: before you'd change dirids to DIRC:
- you can have only user with a WRITE ACCESS to a DIRC at any given moment
- if the contents change often, the SFS server may have to keep many internal,
  different, versions of all files residing it it.  Because SFS
assures you will view the
  same version of any file in it as long as you have the DIRC accessed.
  (and, if there is a dataspace, many copies of the dataspace will exist, the
  worst case for a very often changed directory is the each end-user has its
  own level of the dataspace.  Q ACCESSORS (DATASPACE tells you)

--
Kris Buelens,
IBM Belgium, VM customer support