On Wednesday, 03/25/2009 at 06:36 EDT, Kris Buelens
<kris.buel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> There is however one feature that contradicts this a bit: once a user
> has ACCESSed a directory, CMS caches it, even after a RELEASE command
> it still is cached.  And, here it comes: the SFS server informs that
> CMS user about updates to the files in the directory (like a GRANT
> command that changed authority or a file's timestamp being updated).

Yes, but the fact that you had at some point in the past accessed the
directory doesn't mean that you currently have it accessed.

I will have to leave it to Mary Ellen or Sue to comment on the server's
view of directories.  It may have more to do with the way CMS
open/reads/closes a directory than anything else.  Dunno.