From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On
Behalf Of Gentry, Stephen
Sent: Monday, March 30, 2009 13:12
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: [IBMVM] VM 5.4 first/second level installation

First level would imply, to me,  that you do not have a running VM
system.  Second level would imply that you do have running VM system.
So, which do you have?

I usually do the 2nd level install, since we are already running vm and
use I an FTP server.  I use Bullet Proof FTP from my windows machine and
am able to install with no problem.  It took about 3 hours once I got
all the required install parameters (that VM asks for) typed in.

To the list.  Can you do a first level install if you currently have a
VM system running, so long as you don't use the same disk addresses and
volids of the current running system?

Steve