GUILDFTPD is a free Windows FTP server...

Ward, Mike S wrote:
It’s not free, you just get a 30 day trial.

*From:* The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] *On Behalf Of *Huegel, Thomas
*Sent:* Monday, March 30, 2009 3:18 PM
*To:* IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
*Subject:* Re: VM 5.4 first/second level installation

You will need an FTP server running on your PC. I found an excellent freebie at zftpserver.com it made life so much earier.
    -----Original Message-----
    *From:* The IBM z/VM Operating System
    [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu]*on Behalf Of *joe.dipi...@frit.frb.org
    *Sent:* Monday, March 30, 2009 3:03 PM
    *To:* IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
    *Subject:* VM 5.4 first/second level installation

    List Members,

    I can use some expert advice as a first time installer of z/VM.
    After reading the Guide for Automated Installation and Service, I
    had decided on using the Second-Level DVD Installation method from
    VM Minidisk. Although, after making a simple calculation, I realized
    that it would take me about 80 hours to upload all the DVD files to
    the First-Level minidisk. Given that my 3270 emulation program
    (Extra) does not support file lists, I decided to abandon this idea.

    Since we do not have an FTP server attached to our VM systems I
    thought that a First-Level DVD Installation from the HMC would make
    more sense. My goal would be to install first-level and then test
    second-level. I am not certain as to whether or not this sounds
    reasonable and if there is some who would provide some guidance as
    to how this could be accomplished. Pointing out a manual reference
would be most helpful but any and all suggestions are welcomed.
    Joseph Di Pippo
    Operating Systems Programmer III
    FRIT Computing Services
    Hardware Support
    1-201-531-3820

==========================
solely for the use of the individual or entity
to which they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please
notify the system manager. This message
contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual
named. If you are not the named addressee you
should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the
sender immediately by e-mail if you
have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.
If you are not the intended recipient
you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in
reliance on the contents of this
information is strictly prohibited.

--

Lee Stewart, Senior SE