From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On Behalf
Of Heckler, Bruce
Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 12:14 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: z/VM and DS6000 Disks

Hi Everyone,

First, let me preface the question by saying I'm mostly a z/OS weenie. =

Last time I installed VM it came on 2400' reels. Our campus Department of=

Fine Arts got a grant for a Z10 EC and Red Hat. (an interesting story for=

later). Their support folks are more into Dell than anything Big Blue.  S=
us old "legacy" dinosaurs got pressed into service.  OK, now the
question:

We're failing in INSTDVD setting up the system volumes.  We plug in the =

addresses, PF5, reply "y" to confirm, and it thows us back into the panel=

with a DMSXDC542E.  I'm pretty sure but not 100% we've got the addresses =

we need, switched. The IODF shows a string at 1000 for 240 with type FCP.=

Related to it is another string beginning at 3000 with type FBASCSI. I =

used the 1000 device addresses, but some of the new function IBM PMRs see=
allude the right ones should be at 3000 (FBASCSI). That'd also imply our =

SET EDEVICEs are also wrong.  Comments from anyone who've broken ground =

with a DS6000 would be appreciated.

Sooo Weee!  Hook 'em Hogs!... from an old Arkie and UA gradicate...