> What is at the other end of the CTC?  That error indicates a line protocol
> error.  That is, the "frame" that was received over the CTC link is bogus.

This was connected to my other thread, "routing via vswitch".
After managing to talk to the VM system named UNDR,
the next step was to talk to VSE.

This VM 5.3 system will be replacing an old v4 system
which has an older VSE hanging on it by a CTC.
After upgrading VM, the VSE will be replaced too,
and then it will use the vswitch directly.

But in the interim the VM/TCPIP has to route to VSE,
and that was when I got the DTC message.

Solution:
There was a masking error on the VSE end. All is now working fine. :-)

Thank you!
Shimon