If there were nothing else below the 16M line except for FST, the maximum is
262144. Start with that number and subtract 64 for every page < 16M that is
otherwise occupied. This is obviously less than the 279711 files on your 2
disks. Is it possible for you to limit what gets put in the FST by accessing by
mode number (acc 999 x/x * * x2)? Another possibility would be to put the files
in SFS and use them without accessing the directories, or by using
subdirectories to limit the number of files accessed.

Regards,
Richard Schuh