I had proposed that but SFS is not used here so that is a hard sell.

-----Original Message-----
From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On
Behalf Of Schuh, Richard
Sent: Wednesday, April 29, 2009 10:42 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: How Many Files Can Be on a Minidisk Before It Cannot be
ACCESSed?

Would the application be amenable to writing each day's files to a
separate subdirectory and only accessing the ones needed at any given
time? There could be 31 subdirectories, one for each possible day of the
month. Before writing the file for any given day, that subdirectory
could be cleared with or without being archived. The directories could
also be used without being accessed. If only work days are needed, you
would have to clear the ones corresponding to the weekends and holidays
as appropriate.

Regards,
Richard Schuh