From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On Behalf
Of David Boyes
Sent: Wednesday, April 29, 2009 12:21 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: Nedd some help undersdtanding vdisk

On 4/29/09 10:28 AM, "Bob Bates" <robert.ba...@wellsfargo.com> wrote:

> They are not because each is defined separately. From User2 try LINK User1 700
> 701 RR and see what that gets you.
>
> Just like all the users having 191, that doesn't mean they are shared with one
> another.

Although you should NOT share disks used for Linux swap. You CAN link them
from another virtual machine, but the ids need to provide some method of
telling each other who has control of the disk at any given point. Linux
does not do this, and Very Very Bad Things will happen if you share a swap
disk.