Hi, James.

There's no explicit SUM stage because that functionality is built into the SPECS stage....you might try something like this (untested):

specs
  a: word 3 .    /* grab third word in record */
  set #0+=a      /* add it to counter 0 */
  eof            /* at EOF   */
  /Total:/ 1     /* output text "Total" in column 1 */
  print #0 next  /* followed by the sum  */

Good luck.

James Stracka (DHL US) wrote:
I have a file that has numeric data in column 3 that I want to sum.

Not realizing there was no PIPE SUM stage I tried:

PIPE < JIMS TESTFILE A | SPECS WORD 3 | SUM | VAR TOTAL

Which of course gave:

FPLSCB027E Entry point SUM not found
FPLSCA003I ... Issued from stage 4 of pipeline 1
FPLSCA001I ... Running "SUM"
Ready(-0027); T=0.01/0.01 13:44:13

Is there a way to SUM the data within a PIPE instead of doing:

PIPE < JIMS TESTFILE A | SPECS WORD 3 | STEM VALUE.
Total = 0
Do ix = 1 to value.0
   Total = total + value.ix
end