From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On Behalf
Of Imler, Steven J
Sent: Wednesday, May 06, 2009 10:56 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: Remote Drives

I don't know for sure.  I can tell you in our old building (back in the
Sterling era) we had remote tape drives in Reston going to our datacenter in
Sterling (probably about 15 miles) and I personally did this with that
configuration.

That being said, admittedly for 99% of customers doing remote DR exercises it's
the "3270" that is at the end of the 2000 mile wire, not the tape drive ... the
tape drive is local (channel attached) to the CPU.

JR (Steven) Imler
CA
Senior Sustaining Engineer
Tel: +1-703-708-3479