I must agree I was very vague on reporting my problem.
Anyway, I shall begin thanking you all.

I am running a recovery on lost ESDS VSAM file due to VSAM UCAT disaster on a
VM/ESA+VSE/ESA (both 2.3 backlevel versions) installation.
I have inspected the file volume ( I had a full listcat showing only one
extension, in the beginning of the 3390 pack).
So I have done a DDR PRINT and the user identified his file records. That was
great, so now I have to extract the vsam CI's  from the middle of a VSAM SPACE
and put them in a sequential file for the user to pick his records back.

Well, how should I pick those 4k records in the midle of a 3390 extent ?

I have never used PIPE but I Will read about it, you may bet, but if there is
another simple way, please drop me some lines about it.

Thanks you all for the comments.

(PS: All these problems will vanish as soon as my new Green z10+zVM+zVSE pack
arrives)

Atenciosamente,
João Carlos R. Baptista
Tel  ( 21)  3147 - 9565