2009/5/17 João Carlos dos Reis Baptista <joao.bapti...@gravames.com.br>:

> I have never used PIPE but I Will read about it, you may bet, but if there is
> another simple way, please drop me some lines about it.

Although it looks like you just need something like Fran shows to
catalog the file again, here's some plumbing to approach the data from
the VM side. Oh, and you need the CMS Pipelines Runtime Library from
http://vm.marist.edu/~pipeline for this.

When you have your VSE volume linked R/O in a VM user at address 200,
the following pipeline gets you the blocks. The 'nn' is the starting
cylinder of the extent, and 'mm' is the number of tracks to read.
After the deblocking, those two stages get rid of R0

  pipe trackread 200 nn 0 mm | trackdeblock | locate 8 | nlocate 5.1 x00 | ..

The remainder of the pipeline should now split the records in count
area, key and data. And if your data records are 4K it is easy to keep
them

 .. ckddeblock | locate 4096 | ...

The rest depends on the format of the data blocks. In most cases there
will be a pipeline deblocking stage that can pull the actual data out
of the records.

But if you can just catalog the dataset again on VSE, that's probably
much easier...

Rob