You can, however, convert a date to the number of days so far in the
year, "D".  Here is a little Exec that I have to convert any specified

Isodate into a "Julian" type date, with a four digit year.  I have anothe
Exec that converts a specified Julian date to an Isodate.  (Handy for
those of us that have to deal with z/OS systems, since they love Julian

dates.)

/*--------------------------------------------------------------------*/
/*                                I2J                                 */
/* Exec to Convert IsoDate (yyyy-mm-dd) to Julian Date (yyyy/ddd).    */
/*--------------------------------------------------------------------*/
I2J:

   Arg isodate .

   If isodate = '' Then isodate = Date('S',,,'-')

   Parse Var isodate yyyy '-' .

   Say isodate '=' yyyy'/'Right(Date('D',isodate,'S',,'-'),3,'0')

   Exit 0

/*--------------------------------------------------------------------*/
/*                                J2I                                 */
/* Exec to Convert Julian Date (yyddd) to IsoDate (yyyy-mm-dd).       */
/*--------------------------------------------------------------------*/
J2I:

   Arg juldate .

   If juldate = '' Then juldate = Date('J')

   Say juldate '=' Date('S',juldate,'J','-')

   Exit 0

--
Dale R. Smith
"Qui non intelligit aut discat aut taceat"

On Wed, 13 May 2009 10:33:12 -0700, Howard Rifkind <vmes...@yahoo.com>

wrote:

>Thanks all,
>
>I'm sure from one of these suggestions I'll be able to find a solution t
the problem I'm working on.