From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On Behalf
Of Perry Ruiter
Sent: Sunday, May 31, 2009 2:05 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: SECUSER and SEND problem

  Having just spent the past several months of my life deeply immersed in all
thing SCIF, I can say Kris is right.  When a guest issues a read, CP checks if
the guest's secondary is functional.  If it is not, a CP READ is also made
pending.  To be functional the secondary must be connected or, if disconnected,
must have an IUCV connection to *MSG or *MSGALL ... Perry

Perry Ruiter
250-658-6517