Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 11:48:03 -0400
From: bil...@vips.com
Subject: Virtual Devices for VTAM in RESET status
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU

We are attempting to move from SNA network to APPN.  We have two guest ZOS
systems which I have executed a DEFINE CTCA 200 and DEFINE CTCA 201 on both
systems.  I issued the COUPLE 200 TO ZOSB 200 and COUPLE 201 TO ZOSB 201 from
ZOSA.  The addresses are defined in the HCD for both ZOS systems.  We currently
do a similar connection for the SNA connection.  When vary the TRL active on
ZOS and then display the LINE it is showing the Channel in RESET status and the
line does not come active.

Did I miss something in the VM virtual device definitions?  Is there a way of
clearing the RESET status.

Here is the display of the LINE from ZOS.

D NET,ID=TRLEZOSA
IST097I DISPLAY ACCEPTED
IST075I NAME = TRLEZOSA, TYPE = TRLE
IST486I STATUS= NEVAC, DESIRED STATE= INACT
IST087I TYPE = LEASED             , CONTROL = MPC , HPDT = *NA*
IST1954I TRL MAJOR NODE = TRLZOSA
IST1715I MPCLEVEL = HPDT       MPCUSAGE = SHARE
IST1221I WRITE DEV = 0200 STATUS = RESET      STATE = N/A
IST1221I READ  DEV = 0201 STATUS = RESET      STATE = N/A
IST1500I STATE TRACE = OFF
IST314I END

William Boyer
Principal Administrator,
Mainframe Systems
ViPS, a General Dynamics Information Technology Company
Business & Technology Services
One West Pennsylvania Avenue
Baltimore, MD  21204
Tel.   410.832.8300
Fax.  410.832.8329
bil...@vips.com
www.vips.com

This message is confidential, intended only for the named recipient (s) and may
contain information that is privileged or exempt from disclosure under
applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient (s), you are notified
that the dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly
prohibited.  If you receive this message in error or are not the named
recipient (s), please notify the sender at either the fax address or telephone
number above and delete this message.  Thank you.