Here is the problem.

We are evaluating VTAPE from VSSI. Our VSE machines get Intervention
Required when EOT is sensed when running an IDCAMS backup.

I am want to organize a trace to a real 3490 tape drive so I can see the
behavior when a real 3490 presents EOT to IDCAMS.

Then I want to do the same thing using a Virtual tape drive and compare
the tape commands and interrupts.

If we cannot get beyond this problem with VTAPE, we won't be able to buy
the product.  The vendor isn't offering much in the way of support so
I'm trying to get ahead of the game and give the vendor as much
information about the nature of the problem as possible.

If you are telling me that I won't see any interrupts or commands using
TRSOUCE except for a few xSCH commands, then I am on a fool's errand.

Since you know what I am trying to do, perhaps you can recommend a
better method.

Suggestions welcomed.

Jim Hughes
603-271-5586