On Wednesday, 06/17/2009 at 03:44 EDT, "Hughes, Jim"
<jim.hug...@doit.nh.gov> wrote:

> We are evaluating VTAPE from VSSI. Our VSE machines get Intervention
> Required when EOT is sensed when running an IDCAMS backup.
>
> I am want to organize a trace to a real 3490 tape drive so I can see the
> behavior when a real 3490 presents EOT to IDCAMS.

According to the 3490 Hardware Reference, Error Recovery Action code 38
(physical EOT) specifically raises an Equipment Check.  Intervention
Required can be turned on, too, if the problem is not corrected before the
CU presents status to the channel (and I don't know how you "recover" from
EOT).