You have IPLed DDRXA. It probably is running with interrupts disabled and is
using TSCH to determine the status of its I/O. If that is so, all you will see
will be the SSCH and TSCH instructions. It is most likely that stand-alone
utilities do not want to be distracted by I/O interrupts from extraneous
devices, so they may well run with I/O interrupts disabled. It is also likely
that they do not want the complexity of having first and second level interrupt
handlers, so they use the TSCH loops as Alan suggested.

Your trace results are undoubtedly correct and correct.

Regards,
Richard Schuh