To: <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>
Sent: Thursday, July 02, 2009 9:35 AM
Subject: First OSA config.

I'm trying to figure out how to configure the OSA card on our z9 box. I'v=
never worked with OSA's before so I have more questions than answers.  AN=
help will be appreciated.  The initial OSA config was done by a business =

partner.  These are the IOCP def's :
   CHPID PATH=(10),TYPE=OSE,PCHID=110,PART=PROD
   CHPID PATH=(11),TYPE=OSC,PCHID=111,PART=PROD
   CNTLUNIT PATH=(10),UNIT=OSA,CUNUMBR=1460
   IODEVICE ADDRESS=(1460,15),UNIT=OSA,UNITADD=00,CUNUMBR=1460
   IODEVICE ADDRESS=(146F,1),UNIT=OSAD,UNITADD=FE,CUNUMBR=1460
 *
    CNTLUNIT CUNUMBR=E020,PATH=(11),UNIT=OSC
    IODEVICE ADDRESS=(E020,08),CUNUMBR=(E020),UNIT=3270

We are using E020 & E021 for our VM & Prod VSE consoles.

I've been trying to set up the CMS Users OSASF, OSAMAINT, & OSADMIN1 =
2 & 3
using the OSA Implemntation redbook & the OSA Customer guide.  I have=
not
done anything with user 4OSASF40, should I?  I've gone thru chapter 4
(Setting up OSA/SF on z/VM) and I'm pretty sure I have everything defined=

as it says to.  We're running z/VM 5.4

When I logon to OSADMIN1 and enter IOACMD, I get the menu back but when I=

select option 4 to get the config, I get :
CMALLC_PRODUCT_SPECIFIC_ERROR:  CMSIUCV CONNECT completed with return cod=
1011

The only explanation I've found to this message says I don't have TASF =

installed ???

Obviously I'm not doing something right!   All ideas will be appreciated =