Reminds me of Marty Shapiro's FIXDATE  MODULE :-)

Les

Kris Buelens wrote:
What is the harm in updating the reference date when one peruses a file to
see if it contains specific data strings?  If one uses the last reference
date to see if a file (e.g. a program, REXX exec) is still being used, such
a scanning process should not update it.  It never is a "real" use.  At the
other hand, we had a discussion with SAS several years ago: they used
OLDDATEREF, and running SAS programs surely is "real" usage.
GETFILES will not use OLDDATEREF, it has no parameters, and OLDDATEREF would
never be a good default.

Kris Buelens
IBM Belgium, VM customer support