I have XBROWSE and have worked with the author. XBROWSE requires the REXX
runtime library or the freebe alternate library that is what I use.

The author is no longer associated with IBM, but he can be tracked down.

-----Original Message-----
From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On Behalf
Of Rob van der Heij
Sent: Friday, July 24, 2009 8:53 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: XBROWSE - Unknown CP/CMS command

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 3:20 PM, Alan Altmark<alan_altm...@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> It makes me wonder if either the fileid has been subtly corrupted
> (characters displaying as blank that aren't) or the your X-disk is
> wearing a cloak of invisibility.  It's not your help disk (19D), is it?

Wake up Chucky!  It's weekend. Time to fish for red herring...

The description says: "XBROWSE is a compiled REXX replacement for PEEK and
BROWSE"

So it's compiled and requires the REXX Runtime Library (aka EAGRTPRC).
>From looking at the module, it appears to have the source included, so you can
>probably correct that with the following before calling xbrowse.
  nucxload eagrtprc dmsrtprc

If the author meant it to include the source, he should have packaged it to
work with the alternate library.

Rob