From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On
Behalf Of Alan Altmark
Sent: woensdag 29 juli 2009 21:13
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: IBM DS6800 caching

On Wednesday, 07/29/2009 at 02:51 EDT, Dieltiens Geert
<geert.dielti...@inf.vanbreda.be> wrote:
> But in our development VM (with 3 busy VSE guests) I've always used
MDC
> for the Dynam catalog MDISK and never had any problem with it.

Within a single z/VM system, MDC is fine as long as you use LINKs to a
single MDISK.  But if you create separate MDISKs (without NOMDC) rather
than using LINKs, I am told the system will create a separate cache for
each MDISK and your data will be toast.

MDC must be turned off if you are sharing with other LPARs.

DISCLAIMER

to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email
in error please notify postmas...@vanbreda.be
This footnote also confirms that this email has been checked
for the presence of viruses.

Informatica J.Van Breda & Co NV BTW BE 0427 908 174