Yes, I understand that, but currently our TN3270 server is offloaded
from the CPU (it's a Visara box).   It seems to minimize impact to the
current LPAR (single LPAR machine), would be to get an IFL with z/VM,
Linux and the Communications Server.   This has little to NO impact to
the LPAR, but by moving this server from an outboard box inward could
have adverse effects (especially on our already loaded LPAR).

Yes, it would be nice to get the IFL, z/VM (which we already have) and
letting the Penguins multiply.  :-)

Frank M. Ramaekers Jr.

Systems Programmer

MCP, MCP+I, MCSE & RHCE