On Friday, 08/14/2009 at 08:09 EDT, "Kline, Martin"
<martin.kl...@yrcw.com> wrote:

> RDEV: 0704.P00 VDEV: 0704 Controller: DTCVSW1
> VSWITCH Connection:
> MAC address: 00-11-25-BD-4D-E4
>
> RX Packets: 0          Discarded: 997        Errors: 0
> TX Packets: 3          Discarded: 0          Errors: 0

Now isn't that interesting:  997 discarded inbound packets.  As you try to
ping VM TCP/IP from Linux, do the TX and Discard counts rise?  What if you
ping Linux from VM?

According to other parts of the query, your Linux guest has registered
10.0.102.215 (Layer 3 VSWITCH), which looks fine based on your VM TCP/IP
configuration (same subnet, no VLANs).  I assume your Linux default
gateway is also 10.0.102.4.

Are you using a VIPA in Linux?  I am worried that you have VIPA configured
in your Linux guest but you haven't done "vipa add" to register the IP
address.