Considering that it is ISPF, I would be worried that taking down the SVM would
simply kill all of the protective mechanisms that ISPF employs to keep the
users from trashing the file because of the MW links. In the absence of
knowledge about its purpose, I would not suggest blindly taking it down. I
really do not like to play the game of "My gun. My bullet. My body part." I
might be able to get along ok if I only hit a little toe, but with my hands,
parts higher up, such as a knee (bet you thought I was referring to something
else), would also be vulnerable.

Regards,
Richard Schuh