From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On Behalf
Of Dale R. Smith
Sent: Monday, August 17, 2009 2:55 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: ISPF/PDF CMS MACLIB - Maintenance

Mark/Richard:

I'm guessing that the nightly compress of the MACLIB is done by some kind=

of VM service machine.  If that's true, how about modifying the user code=

to use the QUERY LINKS command to determive if the maintenance ID is linked to
the MACLIB disk and if it is, don't allow updates.  Maybe issue=

a message to let the user know that it is temporarily unavailable, go int= o a
sleep loop and keep checking until the maintenance ID no longer has the=

MACLIB disk linked, then allow updates again, or terminate the user code =

with a message, etc.  That might do the trick and wouldn't require a lot =

of work for a soon to be dead app, (we all know how "dead" things like to=

stick around, like mainframes, VM, COBOL, etc.  :-)> ).

--
Dale R. Smith
"Another flaw in the human character is that everybody wants to build

- Kurt Vonnegut                    =
                         =

On Fri, 14 Aug 2009 12:32:49 -0500, Mark Llewellyn <mllew...@visa.com> =

wrote:

>Any veteran ISPF/PDF SMEs out there?
>
>We have an ancient and soon-to-be decommissioned ISPF/PDF application =

that