On Thursday, 08/20/2009 at 07:28 EDT, Michael Coffin
><michaelcof...@mccci.com> wrote:
>> I actually scoured the z/VM 5.4 doc looking for a documented method of
>> doing this, but did not find anything specific.  I had assumed it would
>> probably be the CPU directory record that we would use to do this, but
>> that did not turn out to be the case.

We assumed the same and did the same scouring.  Someone on my team even opened
an ETR asking and that didn't provide an answer either.  I think this is an
area that could use a little more doc, please.   And thank you Michael for the
answer!

>Now that we have the COMMAND statement, there is no longer a compelling
>reason to add or change directory statements if there is a SET or DEFINE
>command to alter the virtual machine configuration.  Most changes will be
>in the OPTIONS statement.

And that's fine.   Just need to know how to do it.  Maybe the Planning and
Admin manual could be updated under the CPU statement in the directory saying
that if need to change the type of a CPU to use command define cpu statement.
And it's probably more confusing for us because these same virtual machines
need to be able to run in 3 different sites, each with a different config (1
IFL only, 1 CP only, 1 mixed - just for added fun I guess...)

marcy