TCPIP works really nicely using a VSWITCH...   at my current location, we've
reduced TCPIP's role to the VM stack only -- and share the VSWITCH with
Linux guests.  We can bounce TCPIP without affecting anyone but the VM
sysprogs telnetting in..

I'm a fan of letting the vswitch controllers manage the real OSA's - and
leaving VM TCPIP to manage the VM stack.. with virtual devices attached to a
vswitch.  The VSWITCH implementation seems really solid in my experience.

Scott