________________________________

        From: Schuh, Richard [mailto:rsc...@visa.com]
        Subject: FTP Translation

        I am trying to FTP a file that is Wnidoze ASCII to VM without
having it translated to EBCDIC. In this case, the PC is the client and
VM, the host. I have tried:

        *       SITE AUTOTRANS OFF - I get a message saying that the
SITE command is invalid. The same applies to using an abbreviation for
AUTOTRANS.

I would have expected the BIN command to give you fully untranslated
results, so I don't have an answer to your actual question, ...but.

To use the SITE command with the Windows built-in FTP client, you must
prefix it with QUOTE (QUOTE SITE AUTOTRANS OFF). This is the mechanism
they give you to send "arbitrary" commands to the server.

ok
r.