From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On Behalf
Of Stricklin, Raymond J
Sent: Monday, August 31, 2009 3:30 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: FTP Translation

________________________________
From: Schuh, Richard [mailto:rsc...@visa.com]
Subject: FTP Translation

I am trying to FTP a file that is Wnidoze ASCII to VM without having it
translated to EBCDIC. In this case, the PC is the client and VM, the host. I
have tried:

 *   SITE AUTOTRANS OFF - I get a message saying that the SITE command is
invalid. The same applies to using an abbreviation for AUTOTRANS.

I would have expected the BIN command to give you fully untranslated results,
so I don't have an answer to your actual question, ...but.

To use the SITE command with the Windows built-in FTP client, you must prefix
it with QUOTE (QUOTE SITE AUTOTRANS OFF). This is the mechanism they give you
to send "arbitrary" commands to the server.

ok
r.