From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On Behalf
Of Jeff Forte
Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2009 10:49 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Multiple VTS libraries - RMSMASTR & VGLIBSRV

We are trying to add an additional VTS library to one of our z/VM systems
running VSE guests.  I have made the updates to the RMCONFIG DATA (Add the
new drives) and DGTVCNTL DATA (Add additional RM_AUTO_LIBRARY)in
VMSYS:DFSMS.CONTROL.  On VGLIBSRV, I've updated the LIBCONFG LIST to
include the new library name and updated FSMRMVGC EXEC to add the
additional drives to the DRIVE_LIST_3490 variable.  This seems to be the
only required updates, yet when the VSE guest submits their jobs, the
VGLIBSRV console shows the following -

10:49:32.232091 New request type: QS CID=00000000 RID=VSE3SBX
10:49:32.267682 QS request complete. ID=0  RC=8 Reason=5026
10:49:32.325331 New request type: MV CID=00000001 RID=VSE3SBX
10:49:32.326188 MV request complete. ID=0  RC=8 Reason=5026

That reason code says

5026    Library not known       The library name specified in a request is
not found in the VGS library configuration file LIBCONFG LIST A. Update or
correct this file and retry the request.

With the one library defined, we have no issues at all with the drives
being attached to the VSE guest.  Only when trying to define the new VTS.
Once all the data is migrated, we will delete the old addresses.

What am I missing ??

Jeff Forte

NOTICE:
This e-mail is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is
addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or
otherwise exempt from disclosure. If the reader of this e-mail is not the
intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the
immediately notify us by replying to the original message at the listed email
address. Thank You.