On Wed, 2 Sep 2009 08:57:04 -0400, Mark Pace <mpac...@gmail.com> wrote:

>I'm impressed that you have it intermittently working.  I've never gotte
>Hipersocket connection in z/OS as a VM guest to work.  One of my
colleagues
>is working with IBM on this problem.

We've used virtual Hipersocket NIC's for z/OS guests at DR.  You just hav
to make sure the CHPID parameter on the NICDEF matches the CHPID that z/O
is expecting.  Perhaps you're having a similar issue with the real
Hipersocket.  If you havn't already, you should verify that the
Hipersocket CHPID z/OS has access to matches the CHPID z/OS is looking fo
r.

For example, in our z/OS TCPIP profile the Hipersocket connection is
defined with:
   DEVICE IUTIQDF0  MPCIPA
   LINK   HIPERLF0 IPAQIDIO IUTIQDF0

which means z/OS will use the Hipersocket on CHPID F0.

Brian Nielsen