On Sat, Sep 19, 2009 at 6:21 PM, John P. Baker <jbaker...@comporium.net> wrote:

> I recommend that the idea of splitting page space into multiple pools be
> considered, where individual users can be assigned to different pools.  For
> the purposes of discussion, let us consider that following enhancement:

I don't like the idea to use only a subset of your paging capacity for
part of the workload. It's not just about space but also about
throughput. This is imho a very complicated approach to exclude some
(small) important users from an OOM killer. The real question is
whether you can do an OOM killer at all and achieve something useful
by doing so.

Most performance tuning gets harder when you split resources and
consumers in different groups and manage them separately. Sharing is
easier with large numbers.

Rob
--
Rob van der Heij