From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On
Behalf Of Bill Holder
Sent: Monday, September 21, 2009 11:32 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: Storage Management Enhancement Ideas (was: VM lockup due to
storage typo)

These are very interesting ideas, but I suspect (no way to prove, since no
doc will be forthcoming) that the hang was not a paging issue, but rather a
central storage fragmentation issue involving attempts to allocate four
contiguous frames for region and segment tables.  Don't let me throw cold
water on the current discussion, though, I just wanted to point out that all
of the interesting paging ideas probably wouldn't help the situation that
triggered this entire discussion.

- Bill Holder, z/VM Development, IBM