From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On
Behalf Of Matthew Donald
Sent: Sunday, September 20, 2009 9:49 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: Dropping VM 3270 Session

I'm guessing that there may be TCP/IP configuration differences between
z/OS and z/VM.  Do they use separate OSA's?  Perhaps it could be a MTU
issue - the classic 1500 vs 1492?

On Sun, Sep 20, 2009 at 8:00 PM, Moore, Terry A. <t.mo...@timken.com>
wrote:

        I have a client in a small office in the UK that can not
maintain a TN3270 session (Hummingbird Host Explorer) back to our VM
host here in Ohio.  It connect briefly and displays the logo screen then
drop before he can enter a userid/password.   If he goes to another of
our UK offices, his PC connects perfectly.

        I was thinking "network problem", yet he can connect to our
OS/390 system fine and can even make the VTAM jump from there to the VM
system for a CMS session with no problem.

        Any ideas on what we should be looking for?

        Terry A. Moore
        IT Project Manager

        This message and any attachments are intended for the individual
or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, please do
not forward, copy, print, use or disclose this communication to others;
also please notify the sender by replying to this message, and then
delete it from your system. The Timken Company / The Timken Corporation