Hi

I wrote a REXX EXEC to shutdown my z/Linux guests based on some answers
to some prompts. I wrote in the exec to give me the flexibility to
specify one guest at a time to shutdown or ALL guests.

The issue I am having is when I execute the exec on the console for a
guest and while it is running I happen to hit the enter key the exec is
interrupted and the guest is logged off without completing the shutdown
scripts within the Linux guest itself. For systems like Oracle if this
is interrupted and the shutdown scripts do not complete this can cause
some not so pretty things to go wrong with the Oracle disks.

Also if I want to bring them all down at the same time when one
completed and I get into a VM READ if I hit enter that disrupts them
all.  I have a copy of the exec but did not want to paste because of its
length and cannot attach here so if have some thoughts and need to look
at the exec let me know where I can email and attach the exec.

Any help would be appreciated.... Thanks

Thank You,

Terry Martin

Lockheed Martin - Information Technology

z/OS & z/VM Systems - Performance and Tuning

Cell - 443 632-4191

Work - 410 786-0386

terry.mar...@cms.hhs.gov

WFH on Tuesdays and Fridays