Ok, I understand this is old and everyone wants to know why. Try to forget
that and recall
how you defined that IBM 6262 printer 20 years ago. Here's my situation:

CHPID PATH=(CSS(0),EA),PARTITION=((P1),(=),REC),PCHID=1EA,    *
      TYPE=CVC
CNTLUNIT CUNUMBR=EA00,PATH=((CSS(0),EA)),UNITADD=((00,001)),  *
      SHARED=N,PROTOCL=D,UNIT=4248
IODEVICE ADDRESS=EA0,UNITADD=00,CUNUMBR=(EA00),TIMEOUT=Y,     *
      STADET=Y,UNIT=4248

I've tried SET RDEV to 3211 and to impact_printer with no joy. I saw an old
post from John Fransicovich that says you have to have an image library for
an ibm 6262 model 22, tried IMAG4248, still no joy.

The printer won't come online. Depending on the RDEV, I either get unable
identify device 0ea0 dynamically or a simple no channel paths is available.

If anyone has such a config, can you look over my iocp definition and let
me know what your set rdevice is?

Thanks!!
Mary Anne