From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On
Behalf Of Kris Buelens
Sent: Tuesday, December 08, 2009 11:05 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: SET CONFIGMODE ON fails

I'm working on an old z800 machine for backup Recovery, that is running in
basic mode (no LPARs).  And SET CONFIGMODE ON fails:
set configmode on
HCPCCO6816E Dynamic I/O changes are not allowed on this system
Ready(06816); T=0.01/0.01 16:12:18

On the HMC, I turned on "allow dynamic I/O configuration changes" in the
Activation profile, I performed a Power-on-Reset.  But still, it doesn't
work.  The SYSTEM CONFIG file should be OK: during IPL, CP tells:
16:03:42 HCPZPQ6857I System is enabled for dynamic I/O changes

When I write the IOCDS, I get an error about the token:
IOCP L911QDIO ( WRTA0 DYN
QUERY TOKEN command return code was: 6816
Processing will continue with default token.
TOTAL MESSAGES FOR SYNTAX CHECKING: 00000    INFORMATIONAL: 00000
000    WARNING: 00000    ERROR: 00000
TOTAL MESSAGES FOR      I/O DEVICE REPORT: 00000    INFORMATIONAL: 0
ION: 00000    WARNING: 00000
TOTAL MESSAGES FOR CHANNEL PATH ID REPORT: 00000    INFORMATIONAL: 0
ION: 00000    WARNING: 00000

                 TIME 16.57 DATE 09.342     PAGE 507
IYP059I IOCP SUCCESSFULLY WROTE IOCDS A0

TOTAL IOCP MESSAGES: 00001    INFORMATIONAL: 00001    CAUTION: 00000
 00000    ERROR: 00000
Ready; T=0.37/0.39 16:57:34
query token
HCPCCO6816E Dynamic I/O changes are not allowed on this system
The target channel subsystem configuration token is:
VM-TOKEN11/13/0910:42:28    ....11/13/0911:44:06
Ready(06816); T=0.01/0.01 16:57:52

What can be wrong?

--
Kris Buelens,