That's right..   should have remembered my own trials with FCOPY files ...
as Bruce suggested -- unless the DB2 folks do something to make it fixed
length (Like COPYFILE (PACK) -- this just won't work.

Ed - you should let the DB2 folks know it isn't possible to use FCOPY files
when you have to download to your workstation and then upload.   They should
really go with a VMARC envelope instead and avoid FCOPY for something like
this.

Scott