If it's a CMS application ... you could use something like FCOPY or VMARC
--  pack up the disks into one file per minidisk   (APP1 DISK0191) -- then
copy those to tape, file by file --   unburst them on the other side to
properly sized 3390 minidisks (format them first).  Some simple automation
would help..

Not as straightforward as DDR, but it would work...   (unless the app uses
CMS RESERVE disks)

Scott