You say that it is always disconnected except ... Is there any possibility that
someone logged it on to check something out and forgot to disconnect it? That
timing makes it look like the midnight message was involved. It will cause a
terminal to go into HOLD status. You can prevent this by entering the command
CP TERM MORE 0 0 HOLD OFF. The midnight message may have blocked the terminal
so that it could not receive messages.

Alan, what happens if CP reaches the limit of console messages that it will
buffer?

Regards,
Richard Schuh