I've seen this before. The user was logged on to the terminal, or at least CP
thought he still was logged on. Somebody may have turned it off, it may have
broken, something that made the terminal go away, but CP hadn't realized it
yet. Then, the midnight message. CP tries to write the message to the terminal,
gets the error and says "Well if I can't use it neither can you" and force
disconnects the user. User hangs a CP READ (SET RUN ON usually prevents this)
and 15 minutes later, userid says Adios. Thing is, the user (in this case being
a DOS/VSE guy) should have been hung up with the CP READ sitting out there.
Guess it wasn't real busy because someone would have noticed before it got
killed. Had someone noticed, logging on and issuing a B most likely would have
kept things going.

Bob Bates
Enterprise Hosting Services

w. (469)892-6660
c. (214) 907-5071

"This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information.  If you
are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee, you must
not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on this message or any
information herein.  If you have received this message in error, please advise
the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message.  Thank you for
your cooperation."