From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On
Behalf Of Gimblet, Tom
Sent: January 19, 2010 14:09
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: serial number's

Is there a way to identify the storage frame serial number of the
minidisk/dasd assigned to a userid.

For example userid ABC001 has minidisk 201. What is the serial number of
the storage frame minidisk 201 resides?

Ideally we would like to have this ability from zLinux (map linux device
to storage frame serial) but would be happy if we could do so from CP.

Need this capability on IBM, EMC, HDS storage.

 Thanks

Thomas Gimblet

347 643 3194

it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  Any
review retransmission dissemination or other use of or taking any action in
reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended
recipient or delegate is strictly prohibited.  If you received this in error
please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.  The
integrity and security of this message cannot be guaranteed on the Internet.
The sender accepts no liability for the content of this e-mail or for the
consequences of any actions taken on the basis of information provided.  The
recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of
viruses.  The sender accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus
transmitted by this e-mail.  This disclaimer is property of the TTC and must
not be altered or circumvented in any manner.