I just received the info that my 6.1 order is ready for download. In the
instructions that came in the notice, Step 2 says:

STEP 2:

  Installation instructions - This link takes you to the instructions to upload
the product material (Product Envelope) to a VM host system and to prepare for
installation. It is recommended that you read or print these installation
instructions in their entirety prior to downloading the products.  Once
completed, these instructions will direct you to the Program Directory for z/VM
Service Delivery Offering for the complete installation instructions.

Does this mean that there is supposed to be a way to transfer the files in the
order directly to a VM system? If so, there is a problem in that the link
provided has no such instructions. However, it does have instructions for
downloading to a PC.

If I had a choice, I would choose to transfer directly to a VM system

Regards,
Richard Schuh